What is Vicnet:
VicNet is a module that gives our volunteers online access. With VicNet, volunteers can check their schedules, sign-up for schedule openings, update their profile information, post their service, and receive messages from you the volunteer department.
Use Vicnet to:
• View and manage your volunteer schedule
• Sign-up for vacant schedule openings
• Print your schedule
• Keep your personal information up-to-date
• Post your hours
• Receive news and messages from the volunteer office
• Check your service records, and print your service reports
• Change your VicNet passwords
Vicnet Link: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/?from=16819
VicTouch is a software module you can use with Volgistics to provide on-site for volunteer interaction.
• Check in when you arrive and out when you depart from your department, with your volunteer service going right into the database.
• Check your schedule, sign-up for schedule openings, and alert the volunteer department to times you cannot serve as scheduled.
• View your past service information.
• Receive messages and greeting cards Volunteer Services sends you.
Victouch Link: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/touch.dll/?FROM=16819&PW=954674758
If a volunteer cannot attend a shift (due to illness, vacation, etc.) it is the volunteer’s responsibility to contact their department supervisor and the volunteer office. If a volunteer is ill, it is advised that they do not come in. Volunteers also may not volunteer under the influence of alcohol or drugs – this will result in termination.
If a volunteer reports 90 continuous days of inactivity/Missed Shifts without having previously notifying their Direct Supervisor and Volunteer Department of possible reasons, the volunteer will be placed on “Inactive Status”, subject to disciplinary action, and will be unable to further volunteer at SFGH until meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator.